Thursday, September 4, 2008

Yeah, I have a food blog too.

My husband, Not Michael Landon, hates blogs. He thinks people with worthwhile things to say are actually published.

And I'm not here to prove him wrong. I took high school journalism, but that's where my verbal prowess ends. My culinary skills aren't world class either. I'm probably not even unique in my quest to create old fashioned food for a modern family (scratch that, I know I'm not unique, given the trouble I had finding a blog name that wasn't taken).


So it's a good thing that my main purpose here is just to catalog my own adventures. Kinda like logging what you eat to loose weight, this is my way of keeping myself on track. If you find a solution that applies to your life, that's icing.

But exactly what is this track? I try to be a good hippie - do what's right for the environment and my own family's health. In terms of food, I try to accomplish this by eating locally, and processing as much of our food as I can myself.
Of course, there are challenges too, and they're the regular ones: money, and time.

And who's on this track?
I'm Not Laura Ingalls, a quarterlifer, working full time. I'm a crazy perfectionist with issues about tackling too much at once. I really do enjoy spending time on cooking and other domesticity, but it can bring stress when there's too much on my plate. Not Michael Landon is my husband of over two years. He works even more than I do, and he goes to school too, which means he helps out where he can, but where he can isn't much. He's a meat and potatoes kinda guy, but he continues to surprise me with his flexibility. Sometimes I test his limits. We live close to our families in the silicon valley, in a little bitty postage-stamp of an apartment.

And this is how we eat...

No comments: