Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas is here, bringing good cheer

Does Carol of the Bells make anyone else feel a little frazzled? I love love love the song (although I love most Christmas music, I know, I know), but it just has this suspenseful feeling to it that - along with the general rush of the season - reminds me of driving around for that last Christmas errand in the rain totally exhausted, or staying up until 1am baking and wrapping presents the night before I have to be up early to leave work early to drive to family. Maybe it's a sign that I'm crazy that I still like the song.

My holidays really tend to consist of the two holiday-related posts I've made:

Step 1: Plan and think about what to do. Do some of it, but mostly procrastinate and think about doing it. Think lots, mostly about how much time there is to do stuff.

Step 2: Oh crap it's Christmas. Do as much as humanly possible, and then some. Only think if it's about how to do less, or how to cram what has to be done into the time left.

Somehow Step 1 rolls really quickly into Step 2; there is no nice getting stuff done time in between. Anyways, Step 2 is most definitely here and I've started to cut stuff out. Like I said before, I'm doing all this for my own enjoyment, so I do have to stick to my guns and cut stuff when it's time to cut. If only I could do that at work, I'd have good cheer to spare.

One of those things that's getting cut lately is the glut of posts I have waiting in the back of my brain and the memory card in my camera. Things should quiet down just a bit after this week, but we have plans after the holidays, and some of them involve saying goodbye to the little apartment, so I make no promises. But there is pie coming eventually...

No comments: