Thursday, November 20, 2008

I've been tagged!


Two posts in a day, I know, your head is spinning. But I have to do this before all the blogs on my reader are tagged :)

7 weird facts about myself. There are lots of weird things about me. I'm kind of weird. But in a loveable way.

1. When I was a kid, I thought there was a witch that lived in my closet. I was terrified that she would come and eat me up while I was sleeping, so I would hide myself under the covers until just my fingers were poking out. Then I would imagine that she had come out of the closet and was making a stew in a cauldron at the foot of my bed, and planning on adding my fingertips. This was silly enough to calm my fears enough to sleep.

2. My family dresses up for Easter like Halloween. We have a different theme every year. Because ham and pretty dresses are boring.

3. I cannot sleep with socks on. My feet don't sweat - it's a lovely and strong genetic trait my grandfather passed along. If I happen to get into bed with socks on, I will take them off with my toes, which Not Michael Landon finds endlessly odd.

4. I hate fans. I don't like the blowing. It dries out my contacts and just feels icky. I'll often sit on the couch in the middle of the summer with a blanket over my head so I can't feel the fan.

5. I'm kind of OCD about numbers and counting. I have to have things in even numbers or multiples of five, especially TV volume and deodorant swipes. Not Michael Landon also finds this entertaining, and finds ways to screw with me all the time.

6. I demanded my mother teach me to read at age 3. I walked into the bathroom while she was taking a bubble bath with my favorite book in hand (something about a weird fuzzy creature in a dungeon) and demanded she teach me. Right. Now.

7. I love Disneyland like a small child. I know I'm not supposed to, but it makes me happy deep inside. The image of me jumping up and down at the Disneyland entrance has been burned into my in-laws memory. They're being nice, but I think they're a little weirded out by it.

And now, the following can consider themselves tagged. A couple bloggers I "know" have already been tagged, so a couple of you probably don't have a clue who I am. Hi, I read your blog. I'm so glad I get to introduce myself by telling you how weird I am.

Cocina de doyle
Fashion Victims Unit at Iced Coco
Renee at Kitchen Table Scraps
The Judge at Martha Stewart Baking at Home
Ms MoneyPenny
Terri at T-rated
Dig Your Own Hole

2 comments:

The Judge said...

Hi! Your blog is great. Now I need to post 7 weird things about myself... hmmmm....

Elizabeth said...

I do the exact same thing with socks. Weird.